TUESDAY’S GAME Specifications
Back in the United States in the wake of going 2-1 at Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas, Oklahoma (5-1, 0-0 Big 12) is set to have undefeated North Texas (8-0, 0-0 C-USA) on Tuesday. The matchup is the Sooners’ solitary amusement at Lloyd Noble Center over a 29-day stretch and comes against an accomplished Mean Green squad that has won 13 of its last 14 diversions going back to last season.
Oklahoma has won 17 of its last 19 diversions at the LNC. The Sooners have won 133 of its last 140 non-gathering diversions in Norman and 67 of its last 71. The Sooners are 41-4 at LNC against non-gathering adversaries under Kruger.
Reporting in real time
Tuesday’s matchup will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KOKC 1500 AM in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry reporting. Chad McKee and Bryndon Manzer will call the activity on Fox Sports Oklahoma and Fox College Sports Atlantic. Fans with appropriate link check can likewise stream the amusement on the Fox Sports Go App and FoxSportsGo.com.
Fans can exploit the Cyber Monday bargains OU Athletics is putting forth by buying $5 tickets on SoonerSports.com/CyberMonday. Fans can likewise buy tickets upon the arrival of the amusement beginning at just $10.
Tickets are accessible at the OU Athletics Ticket Office (800-456-4668) and online here. Lloyd Noble Center’s north and east ticket windows will open at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
OU understudies will be conceded allowed to the amusement with a legitimate school I.D.
IN THE BONUS
• Looking for an arrangement on your pregame feast? Fans with a ticket to Tuesday’s diversion will get a get one, get-one BBQ sandwich at Rudy’s, situated at Highway 9 and Chautauqua Avenue.
• The OU Bookstore is putting forth season ticket holders a chance to save money on Sooner outfit heading into the Christmas season. Season ticket holders will get a coupon for up to 30% off of a buy. Between OU’s initial three diversions (Pittsburg State on Nov. 1, Wofford on Nov. 18 and North Texas on Nov. 27), fans can develop their markdown, beginning with 10% off for going to one diversion, 20% off for going to two recreations and 30% off for going to each of the three. Coupons will be sent toward the beginning of December.
• OU understudies with understudy season tickets can get their free BoomSquad shirt after entering the north understudy entrance.
• Fans are urged to #ArriveSooner to dodge delays into the entryways with upgraded screenings. OU’s unmistakable sack approach will likewise be in efffect. For more gameday tips at Lloyd Noble Center, visit the LNC’s data page.
• Senior watch Christian James is falling off one of the most grounded three-amusement stretches of his profession, averaging 19.0 focuses (shooting .500), 4.7 bounce back and going 11-of-23 (.478) from 3-point run at the Battle 4 Atlantis. James scored the second-most focuses in the lofty field and was named to the all-competition group. Averaging 20.8 focuses per diversion, James remains the Big 12’s driving scorer.
• While James left away with an all-competition group acknowledgment, senior focus Jamuni McNeace was additionally a critical piece of Oklahoma’s prosperity at Battle 4 Atlantis. McNeace swatted an aggregate of 12 shots in the Bahamas (had just a single in the initial three diversions of the season) and arrived at the midpoint of 10.7 focuses – including a 16-point execution in OU’s prevail upon Dayton (one short of his vocation high).
• The Sooners are falling off of one of their best guarded exhibitions in ongoing memory. Oklahoma permitted just 54 points against Dayton on Friday – the least it has permitted in a diversion far from home since 2015. The Flyers missed 21 of their last 25 shots and the Sooners’ surrendered just 13 points in the last 16:40 of the amusement. OU demonstrated promising resistance in five of the six parts it played in the Bahamas, constraining its adversaries to shoot a joined 35.8 percent in the Florida and Dayton amusements in addition to the main portion of the Wisconsin matchup. The Sooners surrendered 64.0 focuses per diversion in Atlantis – the third-least adversary normal in the Big 12 a week ago.
Arrangement HISTORY: NORTH TEXAS
• OU is 5-1 unsurpassed against the Mean Green and has won the last five gatherings. The Sooners won a gathering with the Mean Green last season, 82-72, in Norman. OU is 2-0 against UNT amid the Kruger period.
• UNT’s solitary win in the arrangement came in 1966.
• Oklahoma is 39-6 record-breaking against current individuals from Conference USA and is 5-1 against CUSA groups amid the Kruger time. OU confronted and crushed UTSA not long ago.
RECAPPING OU’S WIN OVER DAYTON
• Oklahoma (5-1, 0-0 Big 12) caught third place in Battle 4 Atlantis with a prevail upon Dayton (4-2, 0-0 Atlantic 10) on Friday on Paradise Island, Bahamas. The Sooners utilized a solid protective appearing in the second half to battle past the Flyers and enhance to 4-1 record-breaking against Dayton.
• Dayton’s 54 points are the least focuses permitted by OU in a diversion far from home since Oklahoma State scored 49 points against the Sooners in the quarterfinals of the 2015 Big 12 Championship. The Flyers are only the second group to score under 55 on OU in the course of the last three seasons.
• The Sooners driven by upwards of 14 in the opening half before Dayton shut the hole to get inside six at halftime. The Flyers at that point took a 41-34 lead with 16:40 staying before OU’s safeguard assumed control. The Sooners outscored the Flyers 31-13 and surrendered just 4 UD basins (on 25 shots) whatever is left of the way.
• Graduate watch Miles Reynolds fixed the Sooner triumph by scoring the majority of OU’s last 10 points. Reynolds was grip at the foul line throughout the night, going 13-of-14 from the philanthropy stripe and totaling 17 points in the win.
• Senior monitor Christian James drove OU’s hostile endeavors with 21 points on 8-of-15 shooting (4-of-8 from past the circular segment). James included five bounce back and a profession high-tying four helps.
• Senior focus Jamuni McNeace set up together his best session of the season to date, creating 16 points (7-of-11 shooting), eight bounce back, four squares and a couple of helps.
ZERO HAS BEEN THE HERO SO FAR
• Senior monitor Christian James keeps on being the Sooners’ go-to scorer through the early long stretches of the season. James entered the season as Oklahoma’s best returning scorer (found the middle value of 11.9 focuses per diversion in 2017-18), yet has demonstrated enhancement in almost all assetts of his amusement. Through six recreations, James has scored somewhere around 15 points in each diversion – including three amusements of no less than 20 points.
• With a normal of 20.8 focuses per amusement, James has an early lead in the Big 12 scoring race. Seeing a Sooner over the meeting’s scoring list is just the same old thing new for Oklahoma, as an OU player has driven the Big 12 in scoring in three of the past four seasons (Trae Young in 2017-18; Buddy Hield in 2015-16 and 2014-15).
• James entered the season with just two vocation recreations of achieving 20 points. It took him just six recreations of his senior season to achieve three 20-point amusements in this crusade alone.
• While playing in Battle 4 Atlants, a standout amongst the most renowned early-season competitions in school b-ball, James arrived at the midpoint of 19.0 focuses (shooting .500), 4.7 bounce back and went 11-of-23 (.478) from 3-point range to help lead OU to a 2-1 appearing. His 57 add up to focuses at Battle 4 Atlantis were the second most among partaking players and helped him in being named to the occasion’s everything competition group.
FORTUNE FAVORS THE OLD
• Last season’s Sooner squad was one of the most youthful groups in both the Big 12 and the nation. With nine green beans and sophomores and just a single senior, Oklahoma was the second slightest experienced group in the meeting, as per KenPom.com. The examination site’s recipe, in light of age and university playing background, positioned the Sooners 304 out of 351 Division I groups in understanding. It will be an alternate story for Oklahoma this season, as its program currently includes eight seniors or graduate understudies and just a single grant first year recruit. Utilizing the equivalent KenPom encounter metric, Oklahoma is No. 24 in experience this season and No. 1 among groups from significant meetings.
• Through the blend of time and focusing on experienced moves in selecting, the Sooners currently gloat the most seniors and alumni of any group in the Big 12. With seven more seniors/graduates than 2017-18, Oklahoma possesses the biggest known increment of seniors in NCAA Division I this season. The Sooners’ normal age on premiere night in 2017 was 19.9. Upon the arrival of OU’s 2018 season opener (Nov. 9), the Oklahoma list was a normal period of 21.1 and the most established in the Big 12.
• Christian James, Rashard Odomes and Jamuni McNeace shape the center gathering of OU seniors, as each of the three have put in somewhere around three years in the Sooners’ program. The trio consolidates for 284 amusements of university encounter and 117 begins. Both James and Odomes have been steady individuals from OU’s beginning lineup once again the previous three seasons, while McNeace kept on observing his job extended as the 2017-18 season advanced. James’ 11.9 focuses per diversion last season are the most among returning players while McNeace drove Sooner returners in bounce back (5.4) and blocked shots (1.4). With a 7-foot-4 wingspan and a standout amongst the most athletic expands on the group, McNeace is outfitting towards having a breakout senior season as the Sooners’ beginning focus.
• Oklahoma likewise introduced critical experience and initiative into its list through the expansion of two alumni exchange watches: Aaron Calixte and Miles Reynolds. An accomplished point watch from the University of Maine, Calixte brings profession midpoints of 11.6 focuses and 3.0 helps. With 1,125 vocation focuses to his name, Calixte found the middle value of 16.9 focuses per amusement and shot 61-of-158 (.386) from 3-point go in 2017-18. Calixte faces the test of filling OU’s point watch job, left open by Trae Young’s best five determination in the 2018 NBA Draft, however will depend without anyone else involvement with the situation alongside veteran players encompassing him. Reynolds joins the Sooners after two seasons at Pacific, where he scored 13.3 focuses an amusement last season. The monitor has involvement with both the point protect position and playing off the ball and plans to loan a veteran voice to the court and locker room. In the group’s yearly player survey, Reynolds’ partners casted a ballot him the best vocal pioneer and one of OU’s best pioneers by precedent.
COMING: NOTRE DAME
• The Sooners have seven days between diversions before confronting Notre Dame at Madison Square Garden as a feature of the Jimmy V Classic. The Sooners and Irish conflict on Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN.
• Oklahoma and Notre Dame will confront each other without precedent for men’s b-ball. The Fighting Irish are one of four ACC groups the Sooners presently can’t seem to look on the hardwood alongside Boston College, Miami and Wake Forest. OU is 16-16 unsurpassed against current individuals from the ACC.
• The Sooners will be a piece of the Jimmy V Classic without precedent for the occasion’s 24-year history. The early-season grandstand will be a piece of the twelfth yearly V Week for Cancer Research – the weeklong activity over numerous ESPN stages and projects highlighting exceptional substance to help raise assets for malignant growth inquire about. In the course of recent years, V Week has raised $22.2 million for malignant growth explore.
• The Sooners have played 20 past amusements at Madison Square Garden, going 7-13 inside the field. OU has won its last three challenges at MSG, including the elimination rounds and title diversions of the 2009 Dick’s Sporting Goods NIT Season Tip-Off. The Jimmy V Classic will be OU’s first excursion to New York City since playing in the 2013 Coaches versus Malignant growth Classic at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.